Municipal & Local Government
The attorneys at Sosnowski Szeto, LLP have over a decade of experience representing a variety of units of local government including municipalities, counties, townships and various special districts. We are well-versed in the ever-changing laws affecting local governments and understand the complex challenges, duties and responsibilities facing local governments and their elected officials and employees.
Our attorneys work collaboratively with our local government clients on day-to-day matters, including:
- Preparation of ordinances, resolutions and agreements;
- Legislative and procedural matters;
- Federal and state compliance issues;
- Ethics and conflicts of interest;
- Public bidding, purchasing and contracting;
- Open meetings and open records;
- Collective bargaining;
- Labor and personnel for public employees;
- Acquisition and disposition of real estate;
- Land use, zoning and real estate development;
- Public finance;
- Special taxing districts (e.g. TIF Districts, Special Service Area, Business Districts).
When permissible, we also represent private clients who need assistance with municipal related matters such as zoning, permitting and licensing. Our experience as municipal attorneys provides us with unique and valuable insight on how best to work with local governments through the entitlement process which maximizes efficiency for our clients.
Let us help you! Contact us now: